Incorrect Order Totals and Site Outage
Incident Report for Bottlenose
Resolved
This incident has been resolved.
Posted about 1 year ago. Aug 03, 2018 - 11:59 EDT
Monitoring
A fix has been implemented and we are monitoring the results.
Posted about 1 year ago. Aug 01, 2018 - 19:14 EDT
Identified
We took corrective action for the cache loading issue by restarting the full application and priming the cache manually.

All sites should now be online and performing normally. We will continue to monitor performance.

We will now turn our attention to the bug that started the incident. Our initial investigation indicates 3 orders were affected - one for each of three stores. We are in contact with those stores.
Posted about 1 year ago. Aug 01, 2018 - 14:14 EDT
Investigating
We had reports of some orders having improper discounts applied resulting in incorrect order totals. We identified a bug that was causing the issue that was a result of our latest code release of the Bottlenose platform earlier today.

Our process is to revert to the previous stable version of our platform and that is underway now.

Due to the hastily applied revert action, we are experiencing a delay in sites coming back online due to cache loading issues. We expect the delay to clear shortly.

Once the sites are back and stable we will investigate the discount bug that caused the issues in our test environment.

When the bug is fixed we will redeploy this mornings code update to the Bottlenose platform.

For orders effected, we will work with those merchants to remedy the order in the best possible way for each store and customer.
Posted about 1 year ago. Aug 01, 2018 - 13:10 EDT
This incident affected: Platform 2 (Websites, Site Search) and Platform 1 (Websites, Site Search).